1. What geographic markets are available?
With more than 6,000 stores and growing, NAPA AUTO PARTS currently has many opportunities nationwide for both new stores and the purchase of existing store locations. To find out if there is an opening, request info and indicate your market preference.
2. What is the initial investment needed for a new store?
For consideration, you must have at least $75,000 - $150,000 in liquid capital available. The average total new store investment is approximately $600,000, but the overall investment will vary depending on market and store size.
3. Does NAPA offer financing?
With the appropriate qualifications, NAPA's financial partners provide programs tailored for store ownership.
4. What fees do I have to pay?
There are no franchise fees or royalties. Owners, however, are asked to participate in our National Advertising Program to maximize the true benefit of the NAPA system and drive traffic to their stores.
5. What kind of training and support can I expect from NAPA?
Your distribution center team will support you every step of the way - from initial store development to financial, business management, and sales training throughout the life of your ownership.
6. Do I have to be an automotive parts expert to be successful?
No. Our owners have varied backgrounds. While many of our current owners came to NAPA with automotive aftermarket, agricultural, industrial, or heavy equipment experience, many did not.
7. Who are your best owners?
Hands-on business managers who work hard, desire more, and keep their eye on building wealth. We call them "working investors."
8. How many stores can I own?
It's up to you. We want you to become a multi-store owner!
9. Who is Genuine Parts Company?
Genuine Parts Company (GPC)a publicly traded Fortune 250 firm (NYSE symbol "gpc," www.genpt.com), is the distribution network behind NAPA.Founded in 1928, Genuine Parts Company is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials. GPC products and services are offered through a network of approximately 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. GPC has leveraged more than 85 years of distribution and service know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution center efficiencies.
10. How do I get started to find out more?
Please visit the "Request Info" page and complete the confidential questionnaire. Once submitted, one of our New Business Development Managers will contact you.
11. I currently own property that I would like to offer for development of a NAPA AUTO PARTS store? What are
The Automotive Parts Group of Genuine Parts Company is one of North America's leading distributors of automotive replacement parts, accessory items and service items. This group consists of 61 NAPA Distribution Centers in the United States serving approximately 6,000 NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores including 1,000 company owned stores. Clean, modern, organized stores appeal to do-it-yourself retail customers as well as automotive professionals. NAPA, a nationwide supplier, continues to add new stores and relocate older stores to improved, updated facilities.
NAPA AUTO PARTS Store - Site Location Criteria:
- Located near repair facilities on major thoroughfares
- Freestanding buildings, strip center developments
- Multiple site developers are welcome for freestanding build-to-suit opportunities
- NAPA is looking for availability in all 50 states.
NAPA AUTO PARTS Store - Initial Building Requirements
- Approximately 5,000 to 7,000 square feet, including sales area and stockroom on ground level (minimum of 60' of frontage)
- Adequate parking for 25 or more cars
- Demising walls to roof deck drywall taped, sanded and painted
- Partial glass storefront
- Open or drop ceiling
- Strip lighting
- Rear receiving door with paved delivery area
- Paved dumpster pad
- Vinyl floor tile
- Restrooms to code
- ADA compliant
- HVAC 1 ton per 400 SF or as required by climate
- Accommodate standard NAPA AUTO PARTS sign package, including building and road signs
NAPA AUTO PARTS Property Proposal
Typical Site Plan
To contact the NAPA Store Development team, email firstname.lastname@example.org